- Send donations to bat and bee conservancies.
- Have furnace serviced. Have air conditioners serviced and sealed for the season.
- Visit Los Angeles Public Library to view To Live and Dine in L.A.
- Remove Halloween boxes from holiday closet in time to decorate for Halloween.
- Scan markets / beverage dealers for pumpkin ale releases. Musts: Uinta Punk'n, Buffalo Bill Original, and Weyerbacher Imperial.
- Meet with financial advisor for quarterly review.
- Go on photo safari at Hollywood Forever. Leave flowers for Rudolph Valentino and bring apples to leave for the other spirits. Check rookery in case peacock chicks are displaying.
- Do Halloween decoupage project.
- Program updated goth music playlists and send links/burn CDs for Halloween presents.
- Invite friends over to watch American Horror Story: Hotel premiere. Serve curried popcorn, Halloween candy, hot spiced cider, pumpkin ale, and Black Martinis.
- Have autumn evening dinner at Jar. Bring preserved cherries as gifts for Chef Suzanne Tracht and staff.
- Set out horror films, cemetery and wildlife documentaries, and Scooby Doo, Addams Family and Munsters box sets for October tv viewing. Have pantry items on hand to make snacks on movie nights.
- Make and can pumpkin butter and cranberry sauce in anticipation of holiday gift-giving.
- Keep candy bowl filled.
- Set out Dumb Supper on the evening of Samhain. Burn candles and incense, and welcome friendly spirits that wish to partake of the offering in remembrance of their time on this side of the veil.
October, 2012: Flights of Fright, Crafts Bookstores, Weeknight Dinner
October, 2011: Weeknight Dinner, Urban Bar, Baking, Mold and Mildew
October, 2010: Urban Bar, Sunday Supper, Halloween History, Haunted Houses and Witches
October, 2009: Hot Spiced Cider, From the Vault