Here are our plans for the blooming month of May at Urban Home Blog:
- Attend May Day celebration at Plummer Park. Musts: children's art show, Russian Bear photo ops, caviar tasting.
- Celebrate Beltane by serving late lunch outdoors. Leave offerings of fresh fruit and vegetables on the ground, and share the first pour of wine with the roots of the California laurel tree.
- Take visiting father-in-law out for a night on the town in Hollywood.
- Attend SHARKS! exhibit at Taschen Gallery on Beverly Boulevard.
- Attend Reigning Men exhibit at LACMA.
- Celebrate Rudolph Valentino's birthday by attending ceremony at Hollywood Forever. Place roses at his grave as well as Lady in Black's.
- Have annual Valentino Wake/Dumb Supper after cemetery visit. Serve Blood and Sands, Pasta Puttanesca, and Caesar Salad. Screen Son of the Sheik and Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Visit Larry Edmunds Bookshop to see if they have any Valentino titles or collectibles that I don't already have.
- Can strawberry-balsamic jam and Habanero Gold.
- Brush up on palm tree gardening as baby palms exhibit annual new growth.
- Rotate and flip mattress.
- Clean and condition leather furniture.
- Set up new printer stand in home office.
- Bundle up the last of the winter/summer magazines and take to local elder care facility.
- Teach mobile-making class at local Michael's.
- Finalize Pride Month plans in order to get best travel deals. Secure tickets to LA Pride, decide whether returning to New York for NYC Pride.
- Drive to Ventura to spend the last quiet day before Memorial Day at the beach
Reading List: Valentino Forever, Tracy Ryan Terhune; Lost Recipes of Prohibition, Matthew Rowley; Earth Power, Scott Cunningham
May, 2015: steak sauce