Here are some of our plans for the emergent month of February at Urban Home Blog.
- Follow up with service and care organizations to see if there are urgent donation needs for winter / early spring.
- Celebrate Candlemas by lighting entire home with candles and serving freshly baked bread with blackberry jam.
- Start seedlings on Candlemas. To grow this year: olive tree, coffee plant, wormwood.
- Decide upon, purchase and find a place for home treadmill. Utilize it along with playing tennis as daylight allows and practicing hatha yoga.
- Honor fitness commitment for 2016 recording all vital stats in Fitbit log.
- Make trip to beverage distributor to stock up on bar- and pantry staple drinks, including tonic water, club soda, mineral water, and seltzer.
- Take annual photo safari to Hollywood Boulevard while it is being prepared for the Academy Awards.
- Decide whether to resurrect tradition of annual Academy Awards party. If so, theme film finalists are Breathless, Murder by Death, and Mildred Pierce.
- Celebrate Valentine's Day at Salt's Cure in their new space on Highland Avenue. Bring jars of preserved cherries as congratulations gifts.
- Attend street-wide potluck for game day. Bring Texas Red, Fire and Ice, and brownies.
- Organize crafts closet, including setting out small projects to finish and mending basket to finish hems, zippers, and repairs.
- Sketch out possible dates and plans for trip to New York City to visit friends, check in on favorite restaurants and bars, walk old neighborhoods.
- Finalize organizing tax documents in preparation for appointment with tax professional.
February, 2011: Weeknight Dinner, Side Dish, Dessert, Urban Bar, From the VaultFebruary, 2010: Side Dish, Dessert, Homekeeper's Library